Dr. George Batsche | October 13, 2016, 8:30 am-3 pm
Program Description: Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) is school-wide, data-driven prevention model designed to maximize the impact of academic and behavioral instruction and intervention on student outcomes. This all-day PD session will address the following topics:
- Using Key Components of a MTSS Framework
- Implementing the Common Core Learning Standards within MTSS
- Integrating the Data-Based Problem-Solving Process (RtI) into a MTSS
- Aligning Instruction/Interventions with the CCLS and Integrating Instructional Practices Across the Tiers
- Ensuring the Integration of Academic Skills, Academic Behavior Expectations and Scaffolding to Maximize Student Engagement within the Instructional Process
- Meeting the Needs of Students with Disabilities and Students with 504 Accommodations Through Specially Designed Instruction within an MTSS Framework
About the Presenter: Dr. George M. Batsche is Professor and Co-Director of the Institute for School Reform at the University of South Florida. He is Co-Director of the Florida Statewide Problem-Solving/RtI Project for the Florida Department of Education. In addition, Dr. Batsche co-directs the Student Support Services, Shared Services Network and Coordinated Student Health Projects for the Florida Department of Education. In the past 15 years, Dr. Batsche has received grants from the U.S. Department of Education, Florida Department of Education and private foundations. The majority of his work has focused on systems of implementing academic and behavior interventions for at-risk students.
Who Should Attend:
This full day workshop is targeted and designed specifically for school-based RtI/MTSS Core/Design and/or problem-solving teams. It is highly advisable that participants attend this session as a team. Teams may include the following school personnel:
- General and special education teachers
- RtI/MTSS core team members
- Intervention specialists
- School support staff
- School psychologists
- Principals and central office administrators
WORKSHOP IS FREE OF CHARGE. Lunch is on your own. Arrangements have been made to allow participants to preorder and prepay for lunch through the Marriott Syracuse Downtown hotel restaurant.
CANCELLATION POLICY Please be considerate and notify the NYS RtI TAC if you are unable to attend. We anticipate that the demand for this event will exceed capacity. Failure to cancel registration may compromise registration for future NYS RtI TAC-sponsored events.
Click here for an event flyer