The New York State Response to Intervention Technical Assistance Center (NYS RtI TAC) is part of the NYS Education Department’s strategy to promote and build school district capacity to implement a systemic, response to intervention process. The NYS RtI TAC) operates off a Memorandum of Understanding between the State University College of New York at Buffalo and NYSED. Located on the campus of Buffalo State College and financially supported by the NYSED, Office of Special Education, the TAC provides resource information and professional development on topics related to RtI.
Support capacity-building efforts of NYS schools to implement proven and promising practices within a Response to Intervention model.
1. Compile/disseminate relevant & useful information, resources, and tools relative to RtI
2. Provide indirect technical assistance (TA) & professional development (PD) to NYS schools on RtI-related topics
3. Provide direct technical assistance & professional development to 14 NYSED, P-12, Office of Special Education-identified schools on RtI programs
1. Establish & maintain NYS RtI-Website
2. Provide electronic access to RtI web-based library
3. Provide indirect Technical Assistance & Professional Development to NYS schools via access to NYS-RtI web-site
4. Provide direct Technical Assistance & Professional Development to 14 New York State P-12, Office of Special Education-identified schools NYS schools over 5 years